认证 and 从属关系
Established in 1883, the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD) is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
MCAD is accredited by associations that review higher education institutions to ensure they meet critical standards:
- 的 Higher Learning Commission reviews the colleges and universities of a nineteen-state region. It is one of seven regional accrediting organizations in the country.
- 的 Minneapolis College of Art and Design is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61至136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
- MCAD has been approved by the state of Minnesota to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
MCAD also belongs to two organizations that are noteworthy for their members’ academic excellence:
- 的 Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design is a consortium of the thirty-six leading art and design colleges in the nation, including such schools as the Rhode Island School of Design, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and the California Institute of the Arts.
- 的 Minnesota Private College Council is a group of the top seventeen colleges in Minnesota, including such schools as Carleton College, Macalester College, and the University of St. 托马斯。.
In accordance with federal regulations and State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) policy, MCAD is required to provide current and prospective students with information on whether any academic programs or courses are designed for professional licensure and if so, whether they meet requirements in all U.S. states and territories. MCAD does not offer any academic programs or courses that are designed for licensure.
的 教学艺术家 Minor is not designed or approved for teacher licensure, 认证, or endorsement in any state or territory. 研究生s will not be eligible for any K-12 teacher license, 证书, or endorsement based on completion of this Minor. 结果是, graduates may not be eligible to work in public K-12 school settings in all states/territories.