In support of equitable access to education, MCAD’s 学习中心 acts as an interdisciplinary academic support center that includes:
- 同侪教导 in writing, software, and studio-related assignments
- Student Success Coaching
- Academic Advising for students who have undeclared majors
- 可及性服务 for students with disabilities
- English Language Learner Services
- Writing tutoring is offered on course assignments, professional documents such as cover letters, 以及毕业论文.
- Software tutoring is offered on the Adobe Creative Cloud, 玛雅, and other technical software skills associated with MCAD courses.
- Studio tutoring is offered to help students understand assignments and improve their skills. One way this can be done is through practicing critique with a tutor.
This program pairs first-year students with a mentor and a small cohort of fellow students to help with the transition to college or a new semester. The program offers support for study skills, time management, and more.
Student Success Coaching
Student Success Coaching assists students with time management while connecting them with campus and community resources for additional help.
English Language Learner Services
English Language Learner Services focuses on the needs of students who speak English as a secondary language through art critique practice, and writing and study help.
Online and In-person Assistance
MCAD offers twenty-four-hour access to writing, software, and study skills resources on the intranet.
可及性服务 provides reasonable accommodations and focused time on the needs of students with disabilities. These services are provided to ensure equitable access to education for students who self-disclose a documented disability to the 学习中心 Director.
Additionally, you may want to review the following U.S. Department of Education and Affordable Colleges websites for information about college students with disabilities and the transition from K–12 to postsecondary education.
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Auxiliary 援助s and Services for Postsecondary Students with Disabilities
- Transition of Students With Disabilities to Postsecondary Education: A Guide for High School Educators
- The Civil Rights of Students with Hidden Disabilities Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- 奖学金 and 金融援助 Information for People with Disabilities
MCAD 职业发展 assists students and alumni in two ways: helping identify employment opportunities and connecting with industry professionals. Internship and employment opportunities are regularly posted for all students and alumni to review on 职业发展’s job and internship platform called Handshake. The staff guides you through the search for a meaningful career, including assistance with:
- Writing résumés and cover letters
- Interviewing and networking
- Job and internship searches
职业发展’s assistance does not end once you graduate. As an MCAD alum, you have ongoing access to these resources and services. 伸出手去 firstname.lastname@example.org 了解更多信息.