MCAD offers shared furnished apartment units—not crowded dorms—that have full kitchens, 睡觉的区域, 浴室, 还有存储空间. Living on campus puts you right in the center of our college community, 你去哪里比较方便 餐厅以及校园设施，大部分都是24/7开放的.
MCAD student housing is competitively priced compared to off-campus housing. Plus you'll have smaller deposits and no commuting expenses or utilities to pay. On-site Resident Assistants provide support, advice, and referrals.
从2023年秋季入学的一年级开始, MCAD要求全部全职, first-time undergraduate students to live on campus in MCAD Student 住房. 2024年秋季, a Two-Year Residency Requirement will begin and all full-time freshmen and sophomore undergraduates will be required to live on campus.
Exemptions to the required residency policy may be requested and will be reviewed by committee. Exemption requests that may be considered are a documented medical condition, signed by a medical professional; cultural or religious; married; is a custodial parent or has caregiver responsibilities; age 21 or older in first or second year of undergraduate program; is a junior or senior at MCAD.
“我很喜欢住在宿舍里. 这和我见过的普通宿舍不一样. 我也喜欢那里的私人淋浴, 这样你就不用带着洗澡童离开房间了.——安娜贝尔，稳定的十大彩票网站
Seven on-campus buildings offer apartments for undergraduate students and international MFA students. All buildings have self-locking entries, no-cost laundry facilities, and locked mailboxes.
- 公寓和室友选择:如果可能的话, housing and roommate assignments will be made on the preferences stated in your housing application. Requests for specific roommates must be made by both roommates.
- MCAD 住房 Gender Policy: MCAD strives to provide safe living spaces for all students and to be inclusive of all genders, 性别认同和性别表达. 而所有的MCAD住宅楼都是男女混合的, it is the college’s standard procedure to provide students with same-sex housing assignments within each apartment. MCAD承认, 然而, the need to consider requests for exceptions to this procedure to accommodate gender-diverse students. Students have the opportunity to disclose their gender identity on their housing application; those who identify as gender diverse may indicate their preference of the gender of their roommates. All disclosed information is kept confidential except for those who need such information for housing assignments. 学生可以要求特定的人作为室友. Gender-diverse students who do not specify roommates will be assigned with students who identify as a GLBTQ ally.
- 住在MCAD公寓的学生需要购买一份 余额递减餐卡 每学期，提供方便的方式支付餐费.
- MCAD不为学生提供校内停车场. 有限的路边停车位可供 蜂巢 居民.
- Security: 校园安全 Services are on duty twenty-four hours a day all year.
MCAD位于惠蒂尔附近 明尼阿波里斯市. 就在市中心以南一英里处, 惠蒂尔 contains a number of popular landmarks such as the 明尼阿波里斯市 Institute of Art, 儿童剧团, 和美食街. This area contains a rich concentration of artists, musicians, foodies, and cultural diversity.
There are plenty of great off-campus housing options in 惠蒂尔. 如果你 骑自行车、开车或利用公共交通工具，你的住房选择将进一步扩大.
Begin your search early—preferably 60 days prior to the desired lease start date. 你给自己的时间就越多, the better the chance you have of finding a place that is suitable and affordable.
MCAD在读学生, 摩根摩恩, went out of their way to create this great document with tips for fellow students who are searching for housing in the neighborhood. 这篇文章最初是在2020年5月18日通过脸谱网分享的. 我们已将其转换为PDF文档，以便于查看.
MCAD campus is located in the 惠蒂尔 neighborhood of 明尼阿波里斯市. 以下是MCAD校园附近的社区列表:
- 惠蒂尔 (MCAD的场所)
- Wedge/Lowry Hill East
- 55404 (MCAD的区域设置)
One of the best search techniques is looking for physical "Available for 租金" signs in your desired neighborhood. Some of the best apartments in the area pass from person to person with little-to-no advertising, so asking friends and neighbors if they know of availabilities is a good idea.
- Living alone is generally more expensive than living with roommates.
- Utilities, including heat, electricity, and internet, may not be included in the price of rent.
- How much time and money will you spend getting to and from school, grocery stores, and work?
- One year is typical, but six-month and month-to-month leases are also offered on occasion.
- Check cleanliness, appliances, water pressure, fixtures, locks, lighting, outlets, and laundry.
MCAD's campus and the 惠蒂尔 neighborhood are generally quite safe. That said, there are ways to be proactive about avoiding unsafe situations:
- 考虑一下大楼的安全问题, 比如门窗锁, 明亮的走廊, 明亮的街道.
- 不要低估第一印象的重要性. The impression you give may determine whether or not you get the apartment. 但请记住, first impressions go both ways; listen to your instincts before doing business with an unfamiliar person. 最重要的是，问问题，做调查
Resources are available should you need assistance in relations with your landlord.
MCAD recommends that all students living on or off campus have personal property insurance. Property/renter's insurance tends to be very affordable and worthwhile. 如果适用的话, check with your family’s homeowners insurance to see if you can add a property insurance rider at a low cost.
住房问题? 电子邮件 firstname.lastname@example.org.