Ink, Paper, Process, &
在MCAD 美术专业 the 纸质书 concentration offers a hands-on learning experience across three disciplines: printmaking, 造纸, and the artist’s book. By investigating traditional processes, 新技术, and historical context, students expand the definition, 观众, and possibilities of these versatile media. Course offerings encourage students to develop formal skills and craft while actively questioning how images, 对象, and information are conceived and disseminated.
Hear about the student experience
Within the 纸质书 concentration, you will:
- Explore traditional, 摄影, and post-digital processes of printmaking, 造纸, 和著作.
- Investigate how images, 对象, and information are conceived and disseminated.
- Gain foundational and advanced skills in a variety of creative media.
- Create a cohesive body of work based on your own creative methodology.
This Bachelor of 美术 program emphasizes a collaborative process of working on teams with students from all MCAD majors. Required classes include:
- Relief Printmaking and Monotype
- Printmaking Expanded: Wallpaper, Wearables, Whatever
- Printmaking and the Public Sphere
There are many paths to explore with a degree in 纸质书. Potential careers include:
- Art Programs Administrator
- Print Production Artist
“A professor recommended I take a print course to expand the vocabulary of multiples that I was developing in my work. After taking courses in the 纸质书 department, I knew it would be the path I would follow for the remainder of my undergraduate career. ” –Jonathan Herrera Soto ’17, Studio Artist