Situated within Minneapolis’s vibrant art-and-design scene,
MCAD's 美术硕士 is a rigorous four-semester program designed to expand your thinking and promote experimentation in your practice. 作为一个多元化的, international community of makers, 思想家, 研究人员, 和专业人士, students explore social, 文化, and professional needs.
Hear about the MFA experience
As a Master's of 美术 student, you will:
- Work one-to-one with a mentor to establish goals and plans for each semester.
- Work independently and collaboratively in studios, 教室, modern creative facilities, and public gallery spaces.
- Pursue creative work in one or more practices: animation, 漫画艺术, 绘画/, 公共艺术, experimental video/film, 家具设计, 平面设计, 插图, 安装, 纸艺与书艺, 摄影, 版画, 雕塑, 网络和多媒体, 和性能.
- Participate in opportunities in the 双城’ creative community that includes galleries, 艺术中心, 区域资助者, and nonprofits designed to set you up for success post-graduation.
- Become part of the strong, supportive MCAD alumni network.
This 60-credit Masters of 美术 program required classes include:
- 研究生 Critique Seminar
- Community and Context
There are many paths to explore with a Master's in 美术. Potential careers include:
There are also funded launch programs to help MFA students set themselves up for success after graduation. Opportunities range across galleries, residencies, 艺术中心, and various nonprofits.
- MCAD / Arrowmount University Fellows Scholarship
- Soo Visual Arts Partnership
- Forecast Public Art Design/插图 Fellowship
- Rochester Art Center Partnership
- Wisher Sponsored Residency
- Mildred’s Lane Fellowship
"I initially joined the program because I was at a point in my life where I had no discipline in my studio practice, and I felt no real foundation to the work I made. MCAD allowed me to build confidence in my work again." –Sishir Bommakanti ’18, Freelance Illustrator