Design Foundations Certificate
Learn the essentials of graphic design through topics such as design concepts and vocabulary, design history and theory, composition, and typography.
Total cost: Variable depending on coursework; approximately $1305 noncredit, $5120 for credit.
- Gain an understanding of various design and typographic processes, 系统, and styles, create portfolio-ready projects, and develop a knowledge of design-related vocabulary.
- Gain experience utilizing typography for a variety of purposes: communication, 表达式, and organization while working through multiple formats.
- Learn important aspects of the history of graphic design, including design history and trends, as well as how the discipline of graphic design fits within a larger cultural context.
For the Design Foundations Certificate, take three different classes in the topic area of Graphic and Web Design. Two of the classes must be a minimum of 5 weeks or longer. Select classes apply to the certificate.
- Graphic Design Essentials (10 weeks)
- Introduction to Graphic Design (10 weeks)
- Introduction to Typography (10 weeks)
- 研究生 level Typography class (15 weeks)
- 研究生 level Design in Context class (15 weeks)
- User Experience (UX) Design Concepts and Mobile Apps (8 weeks)
- Typography Intensive (5 weeks)
- Web Development: HTML (5 weeks)